June 15, 2016
Five Tips for Finding a Good Cayman Islands Real Estate Agent
Buying real estate can be exciting, and yet it is often a stressful exercise as well. Whether you are buying your first home, or a luxury beachfront condo, it is important to work with an experienced realtor who understands your needs and also the local market.
Cayman Islands has a well-developed real estate industry, and a number of franchise and boutique agencies with which to work. Most agencies offer very similar services, so the important decision is to work with a realtor that you like and trust.
Take time to find a Cayman Islands realtor that you feel will best help you find the property you are searching for. Here are five tips to help you find that individual.
- Interview at least three different realtors. Create a list of questions that address topics most important to you. For instance, you may want to work with a realtor who is more comfortable with keeping in touch with you by telephone instead of email. You may want a realtor who specializes in a specific area of the island, or with a specific type of real estate. If you have children, you may want to work with a realtor who is also a parent and understands firsthand what family buyers are looking for.
- Ask the realtor what they expect of you. For instance, do they want you to be available for viewings only in the afternoon, or on weekends? Do they expect you to remain solidly fixed to your budget, or do they prefer to work with clients who are willing to be flexible and consider other properties?
- Ask the realtor to demonstrate their market knowledge. They should be able to easily tell you what types of properties have been selling, average prices, and where the best opportunities are available.
- Request references. A good realtor should be able to readily supply at least five good references from satisfied clients in the last year. Contact those individuals to ask about their experience working with the realtor.
- Learn how many clients they are working with. While the old saying “when you want something done, ask a busy person to do it” is true, this is not often applicable to the real estate industry. A busy realtor simply can’t be in all places at the same time. Find a realtor who can demonstrate that they have the time needed to offer you personal attention, and to be available when it is convenient for you to view properties for sale.
Boutique real estate agencies have become increasingly popular in recent years, as some realtors move away from large organizations in order to offer personalized service and focus on specific market niches.
Once such agency in Prime Locations Cayman. As you search for a good Cayman Islands real estate agent to help you buy the perfect Cayman Islands property, interview the team at this boutique real estate agency. For information on their client references, extensive market knowledge and personal sales approach, visit www.primelocationscayman.com.